BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

South Africa: Current Events

A decade after the apartheid in South Africa, there has been many stories from both sides of South Africa.

"Life is still not good. It has changed for some people, not for others. Some people still have no jobs. People are hungry." says a young South African boy, interviewed by the BBC.


David Romano from Gauteng says, "I am a primary school teacher but crime is the main worry for me. Three weeks ago thieves came into my house and fired guns. A week ago they came back, broke a window and then took my stereo.I've now installed burglar bars and an alarm so economically it is killing me. The police do not care about my file.My kids are very scared.I was happy when I voted 10 years ago, but today I am sad." His experience through this apartheid was only changed because of people who don't agree with integration in South Africa with the whites and the blacks.

We look at wikipedia and we see that big cities that South Africa has produced, but what they don't say are people's opinion on the matter of the apartheid. What is said in wikipediia articles about South Africa is just the people who benefited after many years of change. But for others, their voices aren't even heard.

I guess I've found my role here on the AfricaQuest. Not to just listen to the people who are the ones having good lives in South Africa, but the people who need to money and need help and need jobs.