BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Reflections on Student Outcomes

Active Learner> I'm an active learner during Humanities when I am researching on South Africa. I not only can apply what I find to my notes, but I can even ask myself questions that people in South Africa are experiencing.

Critical Thinker> I think I use my brain a lot in Humanities. Especially when trying to understand the lives of people living in poverty in South Africa and ways that the grant from the Gates Foundation can help.

Effective Communicator> I don't really talk when researching unless I'm point something out to my partner, Ariel, about something that I am researching that is related to what she is researching too. Also, I've been trying to encourage some other people from other classes to comment on my blog and my articles about South Africa and whether they have any ideas that they can help apply to my project.

Community Contributor> Even if people do not comment on my blog, they still read the articles. When I can list the things I can do to help South Africa, it not only tells the reader what I'm doing in Humanities of this "imaginary" grant request but they can also apply that to their own lives. When Grade 7s and 9s watched the movie, I think many were inspired to help the community like some villagers helped this woman in need.

Person of High Character> One thing i find in myself that I know is part of responsibility to do my homework is...the fact that I complete my homework on time. I do regular blog post about current events and what I'm doing with my AfricaQuest and I can complete assignments like Mind Map notes. When I'm assigned to listen to the podcast I try to find things that I could apply to my AfricaQuest which is a responsibility as I listen to a podcast that was advised in class.