BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Reflections on Student Outcomes

Critical Thinker> I have been a critical thinker this week on our AfricaQuest project. In able the win the grant we have to sell our country. Basically, I'm focusing on Africa's economy. I think that our country and make a lot by its safaris and the gold mines and all the special geological places you can find there. Mostly building roads and tourist spots and information centers need to built up for tourist that want to see Africa's sights. Maybe we can have it that if you visit the safaris you can get a free trip to Cape Town and its beaches. Maybe get more tourist bonuses and by that, get more people to hire for jobs and money to pay them.

Active Learner> I am not just looking at the internet for my resources. The books that are in class has also proven useful. I found a small time-line on South Africa and during the 1940s - 1980s mostly about politics. Which can be applied to the node on Mind meister of history and political science.

Community Contributor> I seem to be the only one to go on the Del.icio.us website to share websites and I actually find that easier as my partner can also see the sites that I've been to and find useful. I also put links to my mind map to show where i found th information. Also when my peers have problems with anything and they ask me, I help them out to understand the meanings of different problems they face.

Effective Communicator> When my partner asks a question, I can effectively explain her the problem and give her little pushes towards the answer. Other-wise the only times we talk is when we find something useful and we tell each other but we just research on what we are focusing on but also go deeper into the subject.

Person of high character> I am responsible during class and I'm doing the work instead of messing around. I find that i'm actually sometimes not interested in the subject. I don't really like having things down on paper and would rather talk to the Gates foundations rather than having to send a letter to them. I think that person to person communication is the best but in this case, we aren't actually going to send an actual letter the Mr and Mrs Gates.