BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Display the 5 student outcomes

Active learner. Critical thinker and Problem solver. Person of high character. Effective communicator. Community contributor.

During these past two weeks, I assume that I've display all five of the student outcomes in Humanities. Most of these examples of me displaying the 5 student outcomes happened during working with the team but also individually for the Modern Nations project.
I was an active learner these two weeks. While taking notes on my research of Colombia I wondered how they gained independence. So I added a few more questions I wanted to find out in the mind map research. This showed that I was an active learner because when I finished finding how the nation of Colombia was started, I went further and added questions because I wanted to. I would also like the recognize Cindy in my group because she's always so curious and asks a million questions. It can get annoying sometimes but its awesome that when she knows she doesn't understand something, she will push through anything to get her answer.
I showed that I was a critical thinker and problem solver this week when I was helping Jacky with writing up the presentation proposal. We knew we had to assign the jobs to the people who would be best in that particular area. We both evaluated each member of our team and chose the best jobs for them to do. Also, we did the same evaluation when assigning questions for the group mind map to make a page from the keynote.
Being a person of high character is very important. I guess I have been a person of high character. I did the work that the team captain assigned and I constantly remind my team mates to send me their presentations so they can be edited. Though, I think that that is not being a person of high character because I start to get annoying after pestering them to send me their presentation sections.
I managed to accomplish being an effective communicator even when I'm an English speaker in an all Chinese group. All the members of my team are all in ESL and sometimes its hard to communicate with them. However, I managed to explain to them what they wanted to know with not much problem. I think that all the members of my teams were great effective communicators, too, because they were able to listen and communicate with me effectively.
Contributing to my community, or in this case, group was fairly easy because contributing its just participating in the group meetings and when we go over what we plan. I think that all of the members of the group is community contributors because we all engage when we're in class and going over the project. I help remind people what to do for homework.