BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Language Arts - Culture

Culture is the way of life. It's the way a person lives and how they live. It is their customs and their behavior towards each components of culture (history, religion, food, clothing..etc). Cultures does not have to be about the culture of your country, but also what you're interested in.
I am part of a lot of cultures. I'm part of the culture of the people who love to sleep, love to eat, dance, love to read, Singapore, Taiwan, America, the laptop community, the HIS community, the grade 8th community, just to name some...
Culture is exclusive because you can't be in all of the cultures of the world. You can't be both old and young at the same times. You can switch from the young to the old but its impossible to be both at the same time. There are many other cultures out there that we do not know about. To give an example, I am not part of the culture of Uzbekistan or Iraq or South Africa.
When people see my grades or my work, they think that I study a lot and is an active learner. I'm not. The first thing I do when I get home is procrastinate. I play with my baby brother, mess up room up, yadda yadda yadda. But I don't start my homework until 9. Just because fair enough grades are part of my culture doesn't mean studying hard is.
People shouldn't mix up culture with identity. The culture is the way they live by. Their behavior, as to say. Many other people can be part of that culture. But your identity is yours, not for anyone to share because we were all made unique. Culture is the way of life, but an identity is who you are.