BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Reflecting on Student 2.0

When I first got onto the Student 2.0 site, the first post I saw was someone's debut post as an author on this site.
The first paragraph was the first thing that caught my eye. I usually do something I'm really interested in, but then I loose interest or I can't think of anything else.
So I kept on reading and when I came to the third paragraph I found that the author is very similar to me.
She made a good point when she was explain about another person coming up to her and asking to join stories. I could tell that she would have been very disappointed to find out that someone else could do something special to you too, so it's not really "your" thing. I can relate myself to that. I used to be very good at drawing, but when I go to new schools or new places, I find someone better than me at drawing. So I went on to reading and writing books. Then I saw that many of my friends could do that too and they actually finished a novel each when I always had writers block when I find someone better than me. I just want to find something that I am good at. I even used to play the violin, flute, and the piano, but I found people more talented at that than i am.
Then I realized. I always quit when I find that someone could do "my talent" better than me. Even the really rare and exquisite talents that I have of, babysitting my brother or packing boxes in less than an hour, someone could do it better than me.
But why wouldn't I quit it? Well, because I feel hard broken that I'm just too normal and there will always be someone out there who can do it better than me.
But one thing I don't really agree with in this post, is when the speaker gets up and tries so hard to improve their skill.
Many tried hard....and failed. There have only been few lucky ones who get the lead in the end.
So I know now. Life is a game. A game that only those who believe in themselves and can charge the mountain will cross the finish line. Maybe I'm supposed to be the person in the sidelines...cheering everyone else on. (Someone has to cheer ... right?)
I do not believe in myself. It sounds extremely horrible when someone reads this. But its something and no one in the whole wide universe can change.
I do not believe that I can do what Kaelie Giffel did and not listen to others. But I do believe that she will succeed one day. She will inspire others.
I know that I would fail in the end and just be come regular and that's what I want. No one ever can change that. Whatever I do, someone can do better. I've excepted that and I believe it. I may not have the best future but at least I would have a decent one. I'm sick of trying and failing. So I won't even go to trying. Maybe halfway into trying but then I'll hit the dead zone again.