BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 02, 2009

Reflections on Video Project

My humanities Research Report video took a lot of effort in piecing it together. I used some of the 5 Learning outcomes while working on it and presenting it.

I think being an effective communicator is one of the learning outcomes you can't help but use while showing this video. I communicated to the audience through pictures and voice-over. My pictures showed what I had to say and nothing was out of place (eg. wrong information with wrong picture). The pictures were clear and easy to understand. My voice-over recording also showed being an effective communicator because I spoke clearly and used strong adjective to describe each picture.
I was also an active learner because I went further and did more extra research and went deeper in the areas of religion, economy..etc. I compared the culture areas of both ancient Greece and Rome thoroughly and explained the details.

I most of the content knowledge from this research report video comes from the original research report which is a written report sharing my thesis of how Ancient Greece and Rome's culture was entwined with each other. I did most of the research for that paper then used the content and showed it through a video.
I learned how to effectively set the time of picture in iMovie to fit the voice-over. If not, the voice-over would not match up to the picture I'm describing. I also learned how effectively showing pictures are than just writing a picture. The audience can understand better as a picture tells a thousand words. Instead of just typing stuff up on keynote, it's much easier for the audience to understand if it was just pictures...