BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Medieval Simulation Blog Post

Greetings. The name's Joan. I'm the local blacksmith here in this city; well there's the other old, fat blacksmith on the other side of the village but he hates me 'cause I'm of the female society. Oh boo, you Henry! Female blacksmiths are so in right now! And to think I studied the art of making things from metal from him!
Anywho, as a blacksmith, I'm pretty important to the society. I make all these types of weapons and armor for the knights and soldiers. I get a lot of customers from the noble lot, all wanting shiner swords and this and that. I make the fine swords used by the good and brave knights of our city. I also make keys if anyone wants to keep closets locked or doors barred. Also chains for the prisoners; the guards usually come in with a whole lot of orders 'cause their chains from the con-man Henry keeps rusting and bending. Heh.
As an artisan, I sell and make for my town and also support my family in our house above my shop. I must say, they complain so much about the "banging" and "clanging". But that "noise" is merely the sounds of my best friends hard at work.
You can probably already guess that because I'm so busy, I ain't got real friends. That's pretty true but I don't like people much; they talk a lot, complaining all the time. My friends are the anvils, hammers, rasps, files, chisels, and pincers. I absolutely love my hammer 'cause I made it myself. They help me get on in life and support the people I love. The hammer helps me flatten and shape metal. I bang it on hot metal when it cools a little after coming out of the furnace. My anvil is used as a template to shape the metal. I use the file to smooth out rough edges. I like this tool quite some too, but as my usual orders are swords, I can't use them.

___
"Blacksmiths" 11 Apr 2003. 18 Feb 2009