BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 06, 2008

How 'An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge' relates to my god damned terrible life..

An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge tells a story about a man's imagination; how it got in his mind making him think that he was escaping and going to live. I think the theme of this story is how our minds can trick us as to believe something else. I can relate to this story at this very second as I type this and as my eye gradually become more puffy.
I know now that I shouldn't trust anybody, not even my mind. I thought that my life was starting to get better. Turns out things always get worse when the fat lady sings -- or in this case, my dad. I feel like the last few days since Friday have been quite easy; my dad ain't yelling (my mom yells on a regular basis), I had steak for breakfast yesterday..etc. Now I feel my neck breaking, like Peyton Farquhar. My dad is apparently on some drug or something. I was doing my homework when he barged in and yelled at me and my sisters to go shower then continue our homework on the dining table. That's quite ironic as last time when I did my homework at the dining table, he told me to get the hell away and "I gave you a desk for a reason...". As I sit here laughing to myself, I silently laugh how lucky I am. I was pretty stumped an hour ago at this particular question, and now my dad comes in and hangs me and somehow in a way gives me the answer to the question.
I indeed am the Peyton Farquhar in this story except it was worse; I actually did (physically and mentally) experienced the dream...